Monday, January 19, 2009

my cajun meatloaf

Pioneer woman has an amazing recipe for cajun meatloaf, you really should click here to read the original ingredients and great how to step by step instructions and pictures.

Using this as a guide I wanted to try and make the meatloaf as well, espeically since cajun meatloaf was also mentioned on desperate housewives last night. The only problem was that I didn't exactally have everything on hand nor did I need to feed 8 hungry cowboys, so here is what I did instead...


1 green pepper - diced
1 med onion - diced
2-3 cloves of garlic

saute these 3 items in 4 tbsp of butter

Now she then calls for a few items that I didn't have on hand sooo I added a packet of chili seasoning and a little black pepper.


add in about a half a cup of milk and a couple good hearty squirts of ketchup. Let this simmer for a minutes and then take it off the heat to add in bread crumbs... it should have a paste consistancy.


I scrambeled 2 eggs, added 1 lb of ground beef and then the veggie mixture. Mix well then add bread crumbs until you get the normal thickness that you like... or about 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs... ( I think I really should measure)


Form a meat loaf and bake at 350 for 40 min...


Lastly and the MOST important, mix ketchup and honey and spread over the top for the last 10 minutes in the oven... and you get this.









as a side I made this:





Hubby and kids LOVED it and well... they don't like ANYTHING different...

No comments:

Post a Comment