Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mom-in-training


Did you know I seriously stink sometimes at being a good momma? For instance, did you know that my 8 yr old knows everything there is to know about installing patio paver stones? Neither did I. Can I say freely, without being judged too harshly that... SHE WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!! She had a bit of a "know-it-all" thing going on and I actually asked her to please stop talking. Then I said, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. I know, I know... I'm not proud... but have you ever been busting your hiney for 3 days, muscles that you didn't know existed are aching and then your precious angel asks why your complaining because she carried more stones then I did. That is why some species eat their young.



I did redeem my tempermental momma state when I took the kids to the mall yesterday... We walked all around, we jumped in the sling shot thing a ma bob. They purchased goodies with the little Easter money they received. And I spotted these items of pure joy...




Am I in a time warp? Is it 1986? If only I still had my box of awesome clothes from then, my kids could be sporting authenic 80's garb.
Don't forget, contest ends at 5pm EST today. If you were considering following, NOW is a good time to link up, if you were working on a friend... light a fire under their hiney.


5 comments:

  1. Please tell me you didnt buy the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are amazing. I've seen lots of 80s stuff while out shopping.

    The item I'm hoping doesn't come back? Acid wash jeans with zippers at the ankles.

    But I did hear that the maker of Guess Jeans is considering running for the governor of California. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That is why some species eat their young". Best laugh out loud moment of my day. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have told my 11 year old to quit yipping today in the car on the way to the track meet. She talks nonstop about NOTHING!!

    OMG those pants & those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say it at least once a week to one kid or the other! I used to feel bad... now I just want the peace and quiet already! ;)

    ReplyDelete