Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Report - The Ishbane Conspiracy


Title - The Ishbane Conspiracy


Author - Randy Alcorn


Summary - Jillian is picture-perfect on the outside, but terrified of getting hurt on the inside. Brittany is a tough girl who trusts almost no one. Ian is a successful athlete who dabbles in the occult. And Rob is a former gang-banger who struggles with guilt, pain, and a new found faith in God. These four college students will face the ultimate battle between good and evil in a single year. As spiritual warfare rages around them, a dramatic demonic correspondence takes place. Readers can eavesdrop on the enemy, and learn to stave off their own defeat, by reading The Ishbane Conspiracy.



What I learned...First let me say this book was recommended to me by mt BFF, especially since I was facing a difficult decision concerning my preteen. Do I assert my authority, put my foot down and risk her not talking to me? Or do I allow her to express herself, and avoid conflict and ultimately parental guidance.

In this book I got to see the correspondence between the demons assigned to the "vermin" (teenagers) and there quest to keep the truth about the "Enemy" and the "Carpenter" from them. How they use parental compliance to plant seeds of doubt and keep them from hearing the truth. That as long as you aren't seeking and hearing and living the truth, this is success for the devil. You don't have to be a satanist devil worshiper. It reinforced that children need parents, not friends. That they need to be accountable and guided.

I was surprised and happy that the book had several very real situations that young adults address everyday. It was interesting to read the letters between the demons and see what methods they were using to keep them from "the enemy", and to relate and recognize those moments in my own life throughout the years.

My favorite sentence in the book was in one of the demons letters, it read "do what ever you have to do, if they hear the Truth, all heaven's going to break loose"


I think every parent, every teacher, every young adult should read this.




1 comment:

  1. Yes! Very good book indeed. What's interesting is that you begin the book rushing through the demon's letters but by the middle your rushing through the real life illustration to get to what the demon's have to say about it. Very eye-opening and interesting. So glad you liked it! AmD

    ReplyDelete