Friday, April 17, 2009

It's official...

I finally did it. I got my TN drivers license. Do you know what that means for me? Other than I am legally driving, (whatever, who cares) but most importantly, I can get A LIBRARY CARD! Man I am SO stoked especially since I went to THREE books stores yesterday looking for A SPECIFIC book which NO ONE had... Guess what? I can go check out the library...

Oh and you all would be so proud... I donated blood yesterday. Something I had been meaning to do, and then yesterday with all the new construction downtown, I got off on the wrong exit which planted me next to the blood donation center. So I figured it was time. Only half way through my donation, I stopped flowing... Come to find out, I had decided to start clotting where the needle went in, so some lady - who was a dear - came over and held the needle in a special spot and was able to get a full donation out... I have O+ which is much needed blood, I have no fear of donating of needles, but I have tiny little veins... 2 outta 3, huh? My hubby has giant protruding man veins, and wouldn't get near a donation center with a 10 MILE pole. Sissy. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you on all counts! I haven't given blood in awhile and I need to. My blood pressure was always so low they couldn't get any out of me. They'd tell me to go run around the building and come back! Seriously. But with a tween in the house -- I'm sure I don't have low blood pressure problems anymore. So there's something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congrats on the library card! That alone would be incentive enough to get a license. I work in a library and we don't require a license for a card, just ID. Even mail with your name and address is fine. I think TN needs to reconsider it's too strict rules. In any case, go forth and check out books to your heart,s content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New here! Love your blog! And yay to the library card!

    ReplyDelete