Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Are you kidding me?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Stupid stinking school...
My alarm goes off at 5:15am... I get up, get my coffee, say hi to hubby before he walks out the door at 5:30 and then I settle in for 30 minutes of coffee sipping and blog reading. At 6am I shower, and at 6:30 I wake the children.

So this morning at 5:15 my alarm goes off and without opening my eyes I say to hubby "Is school closed" No, he replies. So I drag my sorry butt out of bed for my coffee and I am slightly disappointed that I didn't get to sleep in (I have a bit of a head ache) and I also glad the children are going to school, because it seems my patience has run out, and the ground is frozen, so I can't hide bodies. ( you know I kidding right, kinda?)

So at the appointed 6am I head to the shower, after I get out, dress, and turn on the TV, I am about to go wake my little demons angels when I hear that out county is now closed. Now? Are you kidding? I am awake, coffee'd, showered, dressed and NOW you decide to closed the school. Did the superintendent SLEEP IN? What took so long to make this decision? I mean the entire eastern part of Tennessee is closed... Yet you waited until until WHEN? the very last stinking second to realize you didn't want buses sliding off the road on your conscience?

UGH. Now I have to find a way to entertain my little spawns while nursing a serious headache.

Shoot me.

2 comments:

  1. ummm.....Have a good day!

    Seriously that is frustrating. What do you have? Ice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing like wasting a good sleeping in opportunity.

    our oldest is headed to nashville next weekend for an audition. he's praying that it warms up cuz he's a southern californian kid that freezes at 60 degrees. =D

    ReplyDelete