Sunday, July 31, 2011

Couponing: Lesson 2




So... Did everyone have fun putting together your binder? Clipping your coupons, and organizing them? Well.... I DID!


















The pencil pouch is a great place for scissers, calculator, and store coupons.















The pile is getting big!

















Make sure you fold you coupons so that you can see the important information...



The next thing you need to know is... what IS a really good rock bottom price for something?



Click here for an excellent guideline... and put it in your binder.



Now if you heeded my warning, you didn't run to the store with your coupons yet...


If you DID, let me guess what happened....

Wisk laundry detergent for 6.99 with a 2.00 off coupon makes it $4.99 but the generic is only 3.99! ARGGHHHH Couponing is stupid!



Am I Right?




This is where patience comes in... and a change to your ways of shopping...



I had 2.00 off 1 bottle of Wisk laundry detergent coupons... and they sat in my binder, and sat and sat and sat until one fateful day when they were on sale for $3.35 per bottle less my 2.00 off coupon and wha-lah I paid 1.35 for a bottle of laundry detergent!



Now - THIS is when you do NOT buy one bottle, you buy as many as the store will allow with as many coupons as you possess, why? Because you USE laundry detergent, and in 2 weeks when you need another bottle, it will NOT be on sale and you WILL pay 5-7 dollars for it. If you buy several, then by the time your stock has gotten low, something else will be at a rock bottom price. Get it? I was able to buy 5 bottles of detergent for what someone would normally spend on one!




Your goal this week, do your regular shopping but find 3-5 totally amazing rock bottom deals and by enough of that product that will last you a few cycles. Then next week do the same, as time goes on and you start learning how and when to buy certian products... You will get more bang for your buck.




Helpful sources:










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the binder tip. I got my notebook and my tabs and some pockets but am just getting ready to put it all together. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congratulations! You won one of the free recipe books over at Mamaw's Place. Please email me your mailing address to mamawsplace@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete